Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Loot plays a major role in the Thief games, and is found in game levels, hidden, disguised or locked away.
Expendable weapons can also be found as loot within game levels, often disguised into the environment much like other types of valuable loot. The respective weapon is added to Garrett's inventory, and is available for immediate use.
- Gold - anything predominantly made of precious metal, usually silver or gold
- Gems - cloudstone, addonizio, diamonds, jewellery and other items made from them
- Goods - anything which is valued for reasons other than their precious components
In Thief: Deadly Shadows, the loot classes are changed slightly. No item can belong to more than one and each fence is only equipped to deal in two of them.
- Metal - gold, silver, copper, coins, and other precious metals
- Gems - rubies, emeralds, diamonds, jewellery and other items made from them
- Artwork - things that have more collector value than material, including books and wine
In Thief: Deadly Shadows however, a sparkle was added to every piece of loot and a blue shine to every other item in the game making it much easier to spot and therefore, walk up to and pick up/steal.
When an item is stolen, its loot value is displayed in the corner of the screen, as shown below. Another welcome change is the addition of a total loot percentage for missions which updates with each newly stolen item.
- Black Market, Shops who deal in items, and Fences who deal in loot
John P's Texture Pack for T3 typically removes the Loot glint, making gameplay as challenging as the previous Thief games. Players that prefer the light blue "selection" that appears over objects or loot should leave the "Glint" option unchecked at the time of Texture installation.
|Games||Thief: The Dark Project · Thief Gold · Thief II: The Metal Age · Thief: Deadly Shadows · Thief (reboot)|
|Game Design||Storyline · Lighting · Sound · Weapons · Abilities · Light Gem · Compass · Loot · Approach · Architecture · Cut scenes|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Pages in category "Loot"
The following 151 pages are in this category, out of 151 total.