The red Chaos Spiders, or SpiderBeasts, are slightly smaller than the green ones, but are far more dangerous. They can spit balls of webbing at the player from a distance, which can immobilize the player long enough to get several deadly attacks in, including purple energy missiles. When alerted, it takes about six fully pulled arrows to kill one, or one arrow when not alerted. Fortunately, even an alerted chaos spider can be dispatched using a gas mine or arrow. Keep the following in mind when confronting Chaos Spiders:
- Broadhead Arrow – one shot from a stealth position will kill it
- Fire Arrow or Gas Arrow – pretty effective
- Sword - very dangerous. It takes several swipes from the sword to kill it, and the sword cannot block the spider's attacks
- Thief: The Dark Project/Thief Gold - "Strange Bedfellows"
- Thief: The Dark Project/Thief Gold - "Into the Maw of Chaos"