In Thief: The Dark Project, Thief Gold and Thief II: The Metal Age briefings consisted of panning and zooming sepia images with an accompanying voice and music track, whereas cut scenes were full color animations with some live shadow acting.
In Thief: Deadly Shadows this technique was changed, with some scenes fully animated 3D renders, others partially moving pictures, and pre-rendered videos. In case of video, Higher-quality (high-poly) 3D models are used for the environment, characters and objects, also with spectacular special effects. The voice track was also prerecorded, suiting each character and reflecting their moral alignment, especially the Keepers, only revealed in this game.
- Thief: The Dark Project, Missions, Briefings and Cutscenes in the game
- Thief Gold, Missions, Briefings and Cutscenes in the game
- Thief II: The Metal Age, Missions, Briefings and Cutscenes in the game
- Thief: Deadly Shadows, Missions, Briefings and Cutscenes in the game
- Briefings and Cutscenes, all the Briefing movies, Cutscenes and their transcriptions.
|Games||Thief: The Dark Project · Thief Gold · Thief II: The Metal Age · Thief: Deadly Shadows · Thief (reboot)|
|Game Design||Storyline · Lighting · Sound · Weapons · Abilities · Light Gem · Compass · Loot · Approach · Architecture · Cut scenes|