District is a term used for several major regions or territories within The City. The term primarily appears in Thief: Deadly Shadows.
- New Quarter
- North Quarter
- Old Quarter
- South Quarter
- Wayside Dock District (Wayside)
- In Thief 1 the term only appears in an unused document in Lord Bafford's Manor;
- North districts
- In Thief 2 the term only appears in reference to;
- In Thief 3 the term is scattered through many documents, and the manual.
- Auldale was originally only the name of a road inside of Sealed Section of the Old Quarter in Thief: The Dark Project/Thief Gold.
- Docks, Stonemarket, South Quarter, and Old Quarter are mentioned in Thief 1 in the lists of City Warden's territories and other documents, but are not specifically referred to as 'districts' in the game.
- It is not clear if the Wayside Dock District and the Docks are related or not.
- Thief 2 mentions another region it refers to as Dockside. This may or may not be a reference to Wayside or possibly the Docks as well.
- Ways, in ship-building, are the ramps down which a ship is pushed in order to be launched
- In Thief: Deadly Shadows Shalebridge and Shalebridge Gate are locations within the Old Quarter District.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found