- For the loveable oaf, see Benny.
The drunk guard can be found in all thief games. They are always male, and found everywhere from Bafford's Manor to the City Watch. They are easy to spot due to the drunken singing, hiccups, Bottles of mead, wine, and general instability.
Most intoxicated guards in T1 and T2 will confront Garrett but are incapable of swinging their swords with precision, and just stumble about after him. They are easily knocked out. Guards and Watch Officers in TDS will generally snap out of their stupor if attacked, but readily give up pursuit when eluded.
- Benny, at the Truart Estate.
- One guard covering the roof of a building next to Angelwatch will run after Garrett brandishing his sword, but is so tipsy that he is completely incapable of doing any damage whatsoever. The corpse of another guard, probably his drunken partner, can be seen on the street below.
- Officer Hauknor, in Old Quarter becomes a raving wino following his decision to drink every third bottle extorted from the local tavern.
- Smithy is a Watch Officer known to get friends and associates abominably drunk.