|“||Time to take my new sword and get out of this crazy place.||”|
The Sword is the sixth mission in Thief: The Dark Project and the seventh in Thief Gold. In this mission, Garrett is contacted by the mysterious Viktoria and contracted to steal a magical sword from the mansion of an eccentric nobleman named Constantine.
Garrett's humiliating of Ramirez earns him some notoriety among the City's underworld, and he is soon contacted by a woman named Viktoria who represents an unnamed client. Her client wants Garrett to steal a magical sword owned by a reclusive nobleman named Constantine. He is a new face in the City and his house was constructed recently, making a map difficult to come by. The word is that the house's layout is bizarre and confusing to navigate in.
The mission consists of Constantine's mansion, a maze of strange architecture and gardens that take on more surreal dimensions the higher up the player ventures. This is the first mission where on every difficulty level it is necessary to exit the building once the objectives are complete.
- Find and obtain the sword. It's probably on an upper level of the mansion.
- Leave the mansion with the sword.
- Take the opportunity to steal other valuables.
- Pick up 500 in additional loot while you're in here. (Normal)
- Pick up 1,200 in additional loot while you're in here. (Hard)
- Pick up 1,500 in additional loot while you're in here. (Expert)
- Pull off the job without having to kill anyone. (Expert)
- While you're in the mansion, see if you can dig up any valuable information about Constantine. (Expert)
- 25 Broadhead Arrows
- 4 Water Arrows
- 4 Fire Arrows
- 2 Moss Arrows
- 3 Rope Arrows
- 3 Noisemaker Arrows
- 2 Mines (only on Normal and Hard)
- 2 Flash Bombs
- 30 Broadhead Arrows
- 20 Water Arrows
- 8 Moss Arrows
- 8 Fire Arrows
- 5 Rope Arrows
- 8 Noisemaker Arrows
- 7 Mines
- 5 Flash Bombs
- 3 Healing Potions
Characters present in the MissionEdit
|Constantine Guard||23||24||23||The second Bowman from Expert gets transformed into a swordsman on Hard.|
|Constantine Bow Guard||1||1||2|
|Yellow Spider||2||2||2||Only present in The Little-Big World.|
Thief: The Dark Project vs Thief GoldEdit
There is a large bonus area added to the mansion in Thief Gold. It is widely known as the Little Big World (see Easter Eggs for details). Other differences include the locations of some keys. In Thief: The Dark Project, the blue key is located near Constantine's bed, in the bedroom, while in Thief Gold it is located in the adjacent room, on the table. Also in Thief: The Dark Project, there is a key in the garden area, commonly known as the "mysterious" key, because it does not appear to unlock anything. In Thief Gold the key has been removed, leading to the conclusion that it was not meant to open anything.
There is a total of 2636 (2656 in Thief Gold) loot in this mission where 1711 are in gold (+ 20 in Thief Gold), 400 in gems and 525 in goods.
- There are a lot of tile surfaces in Constantine's mansion so load up on Moss Arrows.
- The mansion is similar to the Bonehoard in the sense of traps. Lots of Fire Bolts, Mines and Energy Projectiles coming from a lot of directions when triggered, can make a thief's life difficult. Look for concave tiles or faces with a hole on the mouth next to chests and doors.
- The area near the Sword is very difficult for sneaking. Don't hesitate to use all your Moss and Water Arrows. A good way to sneak around the mansion are the grass tunnels.
The Little Big World
- There are two metal doors in the wooden staircases (go to the basement) which you can't unlock in this mission (even not with a key).
- In this mission Constantin also uses some sort of glyphs, like the Keepers do. If you come close to a glyphs, it flashes and triggers a trap (the spitting stone heads on the wall behind you).