Related Article: Blue Heron Inn
This is a training mission added to allow new players to familiarize themselves with the new interface and general stealth gameplay. Garrett has got a tip from his fence, Heartless Perry, that a nobleman named Lord Julian has had some sort of quarrel and showed up at Blue Heron Inn, in a foul mood. He is carrying a velvet bag and he never takes his eyes off it. Garrett thinks that may contain something valuable, so decides to steal it. The player is then taken through a series of linear objectives, however this is very dissimilar to the later missions.
I got a tip last night from my fence, Heartless Perry. A nobleman named Lord Julian had some quarrel and showed up at a local inn well after nightfall, and in a foul mood. He's carrying a velvet bag, about the size of a man's fist, and it never leaves his sight. Sounds likely to be valuable, but I'll know for sure when I steal it from him.
Perry sent over a floor plan of the place, the Blue Heron Inn. Finding His Lordship won't be hard, his room number will be in the guest register, if I can get to the front desk to read it.
The inn will have guards, but not as many as a private estate. That should make things easy, which is one of the reasons I'm willing to try it without knowing for sure what the take will be. Lord Julian is so protective of that bag, there's got to be something of value in it.
- Break into the inn.
- Find out what room lord Julian is staying in.
- Steal Lord Julian's velvet bag from his room.
- Leave the inn once you have the velvet bag.
- 10 Water Arrows
- 3 Noisemaker Arrows
- 5 Flash Bombs
1. Silver Goblet (50): On the end table in front desk room, upstairs.
2. Copper Candlestick (25): A chest in a room where you supposed lure the guard using noisemaker arrow.
3. Copper Plate (50): Peony Suite, on the table.
4. Copper Candlestick (25): Peony Suite, Near Lord Julian's note.
5. Copper Goblet (25): On the end table in the corner of the hallway from Peony Suite to Lancaster Room.
6. Copper Goblet (25): In Lancaster Room, behind the bar counter.
7. Velvet Bag (Quest Item): On the table where Lord Julian is talking with his cook.
Nothing like mixing in society, especially if it comes with good loot. The velvet bag turned out to hold a bronze medallion stamped with a griffin... valuable enough... but more interesting was the conversation I overheard between Lord Julian and the cook. Especially the part about a huge opal, and a conspiracy for stealing it. I'd hate to have anyone but me get a stone like that, but I need a better idea where to start looking. If I show the medallion to my fence, I'm sure he'll know more. Heartless Perry always does.