Thief Gold, also known as TG, is the definitive version of Thief: The Dark Project, as it was meant to be since the beginning. This extended edition includes all of the missions from the first release, as well as three new missions adapted to the original storyline, with full voice acting and new graphics. It can still be considered the first game in the Thief series.
This updated version adds over four hours worth of gameplay and makes a nice addition to the final product as the story develops. The first, called Thieves' Guild, expands Garrett's storyline as a freelance thief and demonstrates Garrett's master thieving skills as superior to an entire organization of thieves.
The other two additional levels, The Mage Towers and Song of the Caverns extend the quests for the elemental Talismans, from the two Talismans each in two missions of the original Dark Project, to one Talisman each across four missions.
Some other changes from the original include a re-textured version of Down in the Bonehoard, a major gameplay and storyline change in the Lost City mission, a tweaked Undercover, and a huge add-on area in The Sword, which by itself is roughly the same size as the original mission.
Some minor miscellaneous sound changes include the chewing sound for bread and cheese. Finally, there is the Blooper Reel, which serves as a interactive documentary for different beta bugs of the game and displays the humor of the development team, all set in Bafford's Manor.
Missions, Briefings and CutscenesEdit
Bold Missions are new to Thief Gold, Missions in italics are carried over from Thief 1 with notable changes, the rest are carried on from Thief 1 with no or minor changes.
- A Keeper's Training || intro | training
- Lord Bafford's Manor || briefing
- Break from Cragscleft Prison || briefing
- Down in the Bonehoard || briefing
- Assassins || briefing
- Thieves' Guild || briefing
- The Sword || briefing
- The Haunted Cathedral || cutscene | briefing
- The Mage Towers || briefing
- The Lost City || briefing
- Song of the Caverns || briefing
- Undercover || briefing
- Return to the Cathedral || briefing
- Escape! || cutscene | briefing
- Strange Bedfellows || briefing
- Into the Maw of Chaos || briefing | cutscene | credits
- Blooper Reel || briefing
- Main article: Storyline#Thief Gold
The Thief Universe
Within the game
Beyond the game
About the series
About the games
- Thief Gold at Wikipedia
- Thief: The Dark Project at Wikipedia, mentions Thief Gold
- Thief Gold at MobyGames
|Games||Thief: The Dark Project · Thief Gold · Thief II: The Metal Age · Thief: Deadly Shadows · Thief (reboot)|
|Game Design||Storyline · Lighting · Sound · Weapons · Abilities · Light Gem · Compass · Loot · Approach · Architecture · Cut scenes|