|Welcome to my talk page. Please leave a new message at the end.|
Sorry for the inactivity Edit
I had homework problems at school, so I had to work on those. But now that 1st semester is out of the way, I have more free time on my hands.
But there's one thing that puzzles me about this wiki. I forgot how to upload more than one image at a time. Every time I go to upload a picture, that option is nowhere in sight. Seeing as you're the admin, maybe you could help me out.
Was is you that edited my walkthrough? Edit
If so, then it caused my walkthrough to glitch up. Now, part of it's gone missing.
18.104.22.168 19:42, February 7, 2010 (UTC) Autistic Thief
- I added a category, what's missing?--Sxerks 19:58, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Well, someones in an ass kicking mood today! Anyhoo, new user Klow will probably bring up an idea for a new logo. This guy has 60,000+ contribs at the Half Life wiki, aside to currently running the place, and is an absolute wizard when it comes to logos. I would highly reccomend listening to him. Big McLargeHuge 04:10, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot for putting the new logo on. I didn't know you'd actually do it. ;-) Klow 20:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Images placing problem. Edit
Hy Skerxs, I cannot place my batch image under the perl section.
Massimilianogoi 13:40, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Editing the page title? Edit
I tried to make an entry for one of the FM_Incompletes you hadn't done ("The Bath House"), but couldn't figure out how to edit the page title - there's now a listing in 'FM All', 'FM Thief 2' & 'FM 2000' with the default heading. How do I edit that?
Or, if it's better that you start each FM_Incomplete page, I've found these missing from the 1st 20 releases:-
- The Bath House
- Ranstall Keep v2.4
- Ranstall Keep v2.4 (no briefing)
- TTGM 1: Errand Boy
(I was a bit slow early - messed up on the Category entries - but sorted that & can go much quicker now.)
Kevel 03:01, March 1, 2010 (UTC)Kevel
- not sure, they are all forum or special page links, and they are listed on the top of the forum page under projects.--Sxerks 18:06, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, its the most important section from a Thiefpedian POV, its the work we do here and stuff that remains to be done. I'm sure it would streamline the contributing workflow:
- Typical flow of thought: Visit my watchlist, check out some updates, Go to the homepage, look around, oh, click Forums, lets see if anything new is happening there, OH! Projects, yea that should be a good starting point... Oh no! What a list of work, forget it.
- New flow of thought: Oh, there are Projects I can work on, hmmm.. lemme see what I want to contibute to ... By Game? no, By Faction? yes! I like Hammerites, so in I go and lets see what work remains.
- Yaay! Thank you so much for the addition. I'm gonna be editing this wiki more often now for sure. Can't wait to start, whenever I find the littlist bit of time. The first thing I want to do is list down Characters, NPCs and Places per Game .. that would give us a good idea about what is complete and what needs to be written about pronto. I do hope it helps other contributors quickly find work to begin on. Cheers, and thanks again. -- Tom Jenkins (Reply) 11:38, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Fun badges Edit
Hey, noticed an "Officer of the City Watch" badge on Big's page. Whats the outlook on the assigning of badges? Do we have levels of badges as well or just one for fun?! Sorry for not getting much time to write here ... want to do lots on TDS, but have to catch up with my work. One more question, can you suggest some TDS articles that have obvious info missing? I could go and fill them in but currently I don't know where to begin. -- Tom Jenkins (Reply) 12:57, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sure Big just made that one by himself, if you want to make one or use one that exists goto Category:Userbox templates.
- For TDS articles, the mission pages need the most work. OM_T1_Lord_Bafford's_Manor is an example of what a mostly finished page should look like.--Sxerks 15:18, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
Re: ?! Edit
Well, I thought I was in trouble. Again. Ok, I'll handle the FA, but it doesn't really need the administrative authority to do so. I'm bad at coming up with summaries, so if you have a better one, then feel free to add to it. Big McLargeHuge 04:54, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
This wikia is becoming day by day more wonderful and gorgeous. Thanks for having created it, Sxerks.
I hope to find you sometime in the Freenode webchat(and... how we have to use that chat box above your page?). Massimilianogoi 16:48, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Like I said before, I'm not much of a chatter, so who knows when I would stop by. And, the "chat box" is a Widget that is usually on the left sidebar and can be added or removed by your own preferences.--Sxerks 18:42, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Real people names Edit
Sorry I could not come up with a better subject. Anyway. With the advent of Stephen Russells page, I just realized, are we going to use the Last,first naming convention for real people? Big McLargeHuge 09:57, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
lawl epic me FAIL. Big McLargeHuge 22:11, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, where's the watchlist gone?!
Anyways hey Sxerks I've been damned busy of late so sorry for no contributions. I want to make a note for everyone that you can access your watchlist here:
Thanks for the reminder. Big McLargeHuge 00:23, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, Sxerks, what about adding a new section in the wikia regarding the artworks that influenced the making of Thief? It should be a nice idea.
Here you find already something:
Plus, I should add The Wizard Of Oz (the famous Mechanist guard's phrase "Come out, come out, wherever you aaare" where took from one of the songs of the movie). —Preceding unsigned comment added by Massimilianogoi (talk • contribs)
- I don't know if that would be a "section". Info could be added to individual articles, and could be "categorized" as developer influences or easter eggs. maybe.--Sxerks 01:23, September 10, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, good idea! Category of "developer influences"!! Let me know if this is possible. Sorry, but I didn't know how the wiki worked, so I called it a "section" instead of other names. Massimilianogoi 00:08, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure where they would all go. Some could be listed directly on the Category:Developer influences. Others could be put in a section:
on an article page and then also add:
to the article so that it shows up in the category part of the list.
- --Sxerks 02:30, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Hmmm... sincerely I have no idea where to place it, but surely in the list at the left of the page, that one with the CSS table with the OnMouseOver script. I let you decide it, because I'm sure you'll find a proper place for that. Once you'll have done, I will start with my contributions. Thanks alot. Massimilianogoi 01:57, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
RE: Dromed edits Edit
(see User_talk:Fish_Preferred) This is what I'm doing, but extra spaces are added automatically for reasons unknown. Also, I need to alter the "Mat-" metaproperties because Materials/MatBrittle (-2107), Materials/MatHard (-5661), Materials/MatSemiSoft (-5660), and Materials/MatSupple (-5246) don't exist in TG. Fish Preferred 01:06, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I've noticed the variety of pictures you've contributed to the "DromEd Object Images" section and would like to know if you have any others readily available. I'm currently working on the DromEd Object Hierarchy for TG and am sorely in need of visuals (I can't get them directly). If you can add (or direct me to someone who has) TG Object Images for Armiore (-148), LC_Masks 2 and 3, MageMedals 1 and 2, Bracelet (-3230), SapphireVase (-3229), SlotMachine (-4418), Stalagtite (-4419), MageLocks and MageKeys, and/or ConstantineSword (-2982), it would be greatly appreciated. Fish Preferred 01:07, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Suggestion on the faction articles Edit
Please see User_talk:Big_McLargeHuge for my suggestion on how to move faction articles to root namespace while preserving the lists. If you like, i'll do everything myself on your behalf. — Ivan Pozdeev 21:42, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Sxerks, could you replace the Freenode chat link in home page, so that we will have some more user in it, please?
And how do I enter in yout chatbox here? Massimilianogoi
About my IGI wiki Edit
Long time to see :) So I had this IGI wiki but now its all back to basics without any theming or logo.
I had done it all with the previous theming. Any ideas how I can copy over those settings here? I started with one particular dark theme and modified it from there.
- Thanks very much for the help :) its online. Not as nice as yours but something to start off with. -- Tom Jenkins (Reply) 18:08, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
How do you get nice category pages? Edit
How do they get these?
Also, click on any actor to see some cool "Read more" links at the bottom.
Only certain lucky wikis?
I would love it if you could implement this.
Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Easy request Edit
Hi Sxerks. Can you just copy paste the menu overwriting the current, and modify it if members object? I've been very responsible and done all your research for you, and included all the important menu items from before, and all aspects including game editing, fan work, games, items, world stuff, everything you had before just sorted nicer, with all the gamer related aspects intact (like all other wikis)
I think the menu is ready to go online, and its really neat. I think you can copy paste mine, and I've made a backup of the current menu should you want to change anything later. I see no reason why my menu is incomplete or incorrect.
TDS Cut Material? Edit
Could you tell me if any of the things below qualify as cut material? I don't have T3Ed or any of the data files (to my knowledge), so I wouldn't know where to look.
- Stonemarket Bell (Stonemarket:_In-game_text#SMarmoryledger)
- The Bafford Chronicles (Keeper_Library:_In-game_text#KCbafford)
- Wedding attire of the Lady Isabel Martingale (Still_Life_with_Blackjack:_In-game_text#MUSwedding)
--Fish Preferred 18:16, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
- The facebook account I have is my real-life account, and so I don't associate it with any online alias, sorry.--Sxerks 18:33, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
Deleted image Edit
Hey! I was about to do that. Big McLargeHuge 00:56, March 13, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, Sxerks, how did you do the sidebar and skin design? Divine
sorry, boss. I should have told you i was leaving, but I thought i would have some computer time avalible. But no, im on a govt computer, and risking this as is. I will not be back untill july. I think fish can take over the FA untill then. - 'LargeHuge
- Thanks for letting me know.--Sxerks 18:41, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, good thing you got that. Yes it is me, and yes it is true. See you then. Big McLargeHuge 19:57, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, change of plan. Fish, for some reason, does not want to do the FA. Big McLargeHuge 14:50, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Collapsing templates Edit
- I added in the functionality from the help wiki and yo can see the current affect on the Category:Artifact page. The layout need to fixed here Template:Navbox, and the color changed here MediaWiki:Wikia.css and MediaWiki:Common.css. --Sxerks 19:13, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
- should be good now, doesn't have the v.d.e. thing yet though.--Sxerks 16:37, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, that looks like a good start. Do you think the colors need to be updated, or is it fine as is? Big McLargeHuge 14:53, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I you can think of some other color scheme. the dark blue and brown were from the old Monaco Skin.--Sxerks 15:44, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
In Game Text Page Edit
The table format that it s in isn't going to work when T4 comes out.--Sxerks 20:20, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I did. Big McLargeHuge 18:41, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
With this new editor, I cant seem to remove categories, nor can I put a title on this new section. I think I might have put in gibberish, but I cant tell. Yes, this is a shite office computer, even though it's new. Just thought I'd bring it up. Big McLargeHuge 17:25, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
No gibberish, but I also can't seem to click the arrow next to edit, and that seems to be in every wikia. I'll be home for a few feeks on thursday, so I'll see if it's the same there. Big McLargeHuge 17:27, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
There is a "trash can" icon in the category add box that seems to work.
If you clicked "leave message' on my talk page there should be a box on the right to put a headline.
"the arrow next to edit" i'm not sure where that is? which edit?
you can always click on the "source mode" tab to edit it raw.
I haven't used it much myself, since i have the RTE disabled in my preferences.
- --Sxerks 21:55, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
RE: Bot fun Edit
Ok, that was clear as mud. I strongly suspect that this is a bot for the answers wiki, not made by wikia. I don't know why it is not marked as a bot, but the contribs are remarkable consistant. Big McLargeHuge 18:41, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
What I want to use the bot for primarily is:
- Recognizing certain key words in questions/answers for immidiate deletion/undo
- Removal of anon users talk pages that have red-links
- Deletion of broken/double redirects
- Deletion of an unanswered question after X number of days
Object Model waypt Edit
It isn't visible because it is never used for rendered objects. The object model for waypt is a little red cube. Fish Preferred 01:02, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
And caltrop is a tiny yellow four-pointed star. Fish Preferred 01:03, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
City Map Scale Edit
I just read the Mapping out the City thread over at TTLG from the beginning and at the moment at page 64... just want to ask, if you have an idea, how long the first bridge aka shalebridge is? maybe you can help me with this, because it would really help to scale the map from TTLG. i read, that the london bridge for example was 273m long. On this map Shalebridge is round about 150m long while on this map it is more than 1000m long.
Thanks in advance. --John5timzum 23:51, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
When your maps say something like
- Map Dimensions:
- Height: 590DU 492FT
- Width: 320DU 267FT
what does that mean? Has the hole picture a width of 320DU or is 320DU the distance from the most left to the most right building? --John5timzum 22:04, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
I can only get on here with my phone. I can try, but someone else will have to take care of the featured article. Big McLargeHuge 18:48, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
Should have known. I forgot about those pumpkins.
garrett edit Edit
The last edit to garretts page seems kind of flimsy. What do you think? 22.214.171.124 01:27, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
That users previous edit was quite off base. This one, though, I would have to relook at the videos and text.--Sxerks 16:55, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
FM (moved from Central)Edit
Saw your message on my talk pages on the Thief wiki. Yes, The Blue Star was updated 2010-11-04(I´m the author). By the way, I uploaded some thumbnails before I realised that external links don´t work. Feel free to delete files with the name "dumpXXXthumb.jpg" where XXX is their numbers. I´ll change the link for the gameplay videos to my Youtube account instead.
Edit: Sorry, the update was made 2010-11-08.
Shapeshifter878 16:57, November 15, 2011 (UTC)Shapeshifter878
A couple of questionsEdit
Hy. Could you do an ortographic correction to my page, please? (I point that I'm not an english native, so I could have done alot of errors)
Another thing: I've seen that the Thief chat has changed from my channel to the internal wiki chat, why?
Massimilianogoi 04:15, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I did some spelling fixes, but not grammar. As for the chat, no one was using it and we got it here on the wiki.--Sxerks 20:44, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
hey, i was editing the source on the main page, and ive somehow lost your footer, any chance you could pop it back on for me? cheers mate
Thomaslove92 15:42, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Riiiight. You CAN'T edit the main page, specifically to prevent things like this. You didn't do anything. Move along, move along. Big McLargeHuge 01:42, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not one for big change, and I've never thought that I would even think this, but have you ever thought of dropping wikia and going for curse, like the fallout wiki? Big McLargeHuge 04:22, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I have looked into other wiki hosts over the years as Wikia changed features, but ultimately it's not worth the hassle. I've edited on the Minecraft wiki(which is on Curse) has been down many times in the past few months, it's unreliable. Splitting doesn't gain anyone anything, you just end up with duplicate information, a somewhat split editor base, and most(if not all) non-editor readers using the original.
- The Fallout wikis split won't be good just like it wasn't good for WoW.--Sxerks 06:34, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
The fact that wikia retains the rights to every wikia on here, which I compare to holding hostage, is really the only reason to stay. If they would let us delete, then we would be able to transplant our editor and readership (if that is a word) at the same time. But nope, wikias leash pulls too hard. Big McLargeHuge 14:22, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
And to note about the fallout wiki is that the two admin teams still communicate, so its not like the team that left turned their back on them.
Is this why the home page had a supercolossal campaign ad for a while? Fish Preferred 17:10, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
To the message you've sent me Edit
Oky massimilianogoi 17:47, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Video Game OlympicsEdit
Hello, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Development Team. We are going to be running a Video Game Olympics promotion, where we determine which game characters would be most suited to win certain Olympic events. A character from your wiki has been selected as one of the participants of this promotion. In order to promote this, we would like to add a participant badge to your main page in the top right column. Would you be willing to participate in this promotion? It's totally up to you whether or not you add the badge. Please respond accordingly. Thanks. - Wagnike2 17:34, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Sxerks: "... Also, it's best to upload an image first before adding a link of the image to a page."
Oh how right you were. I keep forgetting to decapitalize the .JPG when I upload so I end up having to go back and fix them. On that note, are there any particular TG pictures you think we should have? Fish Preferred (talk) 13:52, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Other than images of all the objects (which is a pain to do as we both know), I'm not sure. The in-game text locations are all done. TG characters, maybe???? Perhaps screenshots for a "local" walkthrough of each level, instead of the off-site stuff.--Sxerks (talk) 02:51, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
naming files Edit
Imagemap thing Edit
Oh right. I forgot we had that one... Or maybe I just never clicked on it.
How to delete an image from the images list Edit
- which one? I'll delete it.--Sxerks (talk) 15:59, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- don't worry, some administrator already got rid of this. The question is: can we delete our own uploaded images? Massimilianogoi (talk) 01:50, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Concept Sketch & Image Rights Edit
Because the only picture of the Sweel that I know of is on Thief-The Circle.com I'd like to know what kind of image rights they hold for it. Dan7 seems to have obtained his sketch files from the same source. Are thes remaining images available to us, either through TTC or WEWD (which I assume is Wards Enterprise Web Design)? --Fish Preferred (talk) 00:52, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- probably no rights are held, it doesn't state any rights on their site or where they got them from, those images may have even been in the "making of" video that was on the TG cd.--Sxerks (talk) 01:15, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- not really, just set the licensing to fair use when you upload them, and maybe list concept art in the summary and image category.--Sxerks (talk) 00:28, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
DromEd Archetypes Edit
I plan on continuing my work on the TG physical hierarchy, but I need to know what the T2 properties are for the remaining classes (i.e. Creature (-8), Gizmo (-228), TerrainLike (-160), Debris (-143), Lights (-12), Household (-11), Furniture (-10), Tulz (-1951), and Avatar (-2098)). Can you furnish these? --Fish Preferred (talk) 15:05, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I should be able to, it's been a while though.--Sxerks (talk) 16:03, March 10, 2013 (UTC)